Garlic Whipped Feta Dip is smooth, creamy, and delicious served with pita or naan bread, chips, or even veggies! No cooking needed – just give it a whirl in your food processor or blender.
This is the perfect easy appetizer or snack to serve when you are short on time. This Whipped Feta Dip recipe takes literally minutes to prepare!
Table of Contents
Why It’s Great
- No Cooking – An easy appetizer when you’re low on oven space.
- Simple Ingredients – Just a handful of easy to find ingredients are needed.
- Smooth and Creamy – The texture of this whipped feta dip is out of this world!
Ingredients for Whipped Feta Dip
- Feta Cheese – Use a block of feta cheese, not the crumbles, for a smoother blend.
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream – your choice. Both are nice and creamy; Greek style is thicker and low fat.
- Cream Cheese – Use the block-style cream cheese but soften to room temperature first.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves – feel free to add more or less.
- Lemon – You’ll use both lemon juice and lemon zest. Again, add more or less to taste.
- Spices – Dried dill, dried oregano, ground black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes.
How To Make Whipped Feta Dip
Be sure to check the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions.
Making this dip is as simple as a quick pulse in your food processor.
- Blend Dip – Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and whip until smooth. Give the dip a taste and adjust the flavors and seasonings to your preference.
- Serve – Pour the dip into a serving bowl. To make it extra fancy, and you can create a swirl on top with a spoon. Drizzle with olive oil and add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and black peppers. Serve with chips of choice or naan.
It’s best to use a block of feta vs crumbled feta. Crumbled feta is drier and won’t get as creamy in the dip.
While you can try to mix up the cheeses by hand, you won’t get that smooth and creamy texture. Using a food processor or blender really helps break the block of feta down and incorporate it with the other ingredients.
How To Serve
For a pretty serving presentation, add the dip to a bowl and use the back of a spoon to make a swirl or swoop. Then I like to give it a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and black pepper.
For dipping, there are so many great options! Here are some of my favorites:
- Pita Wedges
- Pita Bread or Pita Chips
- Bagel Chips
- Veggies – Carrots, pea pods, or broccoli
- Spicy Dip: You can add extra red pepper flakes or even some cayenne pepper to make the dip spicier.
- Drizzle with Honey: For a sweet spin, you can drizzle the dip with some honey before serving.
- Nuts/Seeds: For some added texture and crunchy, try sprinkling the dip with some toasted pine nuts or toasted sesame seeds.
- Toppings: For presentation, I like to add some chopped raw veggies, like tomatoes and cucumbers or fresh herbs.
Storage and Make Ahead
Storage – For safety, this dip should only be left out for a maximum of two hours. Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make Ahead – This dip is a great make ahead option! You can easily make it a few days in advance and store in the fridge. To serve, I like to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving so it is creamy and not firm. Also, save the garnished for right before serving.
Use a Blender or Food Processor – For an extra smooth and creamy dip, I like to use my blender or food processor. They do a great job at breaking down the feta to make a creamy texture.
Soften – Using room temperature cream cheese is super important for a smooth dip.
Another use for leftovers – try this whipped feta spread onto a sandwich or a wrap with some deli turkey and a little vinaigrette. Yum!
More Easy Dips We Love
Whipped Feta Dip
- 12 ounces block feta cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more for serving
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Pour into a bowl and create a swirl on top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve with pita wedges or chips, bagel chips, or naan.