Last updated on
Nachos Supreme is a sheet pan nachos recipe that is packed with flavor in every bite. Layers of crispy tortilla chips, seasoned ground beef, refried beans, cheese, and all your favorite toppings!
This Loaded Nachos Supreme recipe is a copycat of my favorite fast food nachos from Taco Bell. Spread all out on a sheet pan, these easy nachos are a perfect appetizer for sharing (or for keeping all to yourself)!
Table of Contents
Why We Love Sheet Pan Nachos Supreme
- Kid-friendly: What kid doesn’t love nachos? They are great for kid and teen gatherings.
- Healthier than fast food: Made at home with fresh ingredients – nothing artificial.
- Made for sharing: Since they are spread out on a sheet pan, they are super easy, shareable appetizer.
- Easy and fast: Just cook up some beef, layer a bunch of ingredients on a sheet pan and bake!
- Perfect for a snack, appetizer, or even dinner! Sheet Pan Nachos Supreme is an epic family dinner that no one will complain about.
Ingredients for Nachos Supreme
These ingredients can be easily customized based on what you love or what you have on hand.
- Tortilla Chips – You’ll need a whole bag of your favorite chips. I prefer Tostitos regular chips because they are tasty, crispy, and large.
- Ground Beef – Use 90% lean ground beef if you can; you don’t want a greasy mess on top of your nachos. Otherwise, make sure to drain the meat well.
- Onions – for flavor.
- Garlic – for more flavor.
- Taco Seasoning – Seasons the ground beef. To make your own just use 1 teaspoon chili powder, and half a teaspoon each of paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Freshly Grated Cheese – I like to use a combination of sharp cheddar and jack cheeses. Sometimes I’ll use pepper jack to add some heat and even Mozzarella is great mixed with jack or cheddar.
- Refried Beans – One can of refried beans I usually go for the vegetarian or low fat variety. You could also use refried black beans.
- Olives – Sliced black olives, drained well, for topping.
- Toppings – Diced Roma tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, guacamole, green onions, and sour cream. These are loaded nachos, so you want to load them up with lots of yummy toppings.
How To Make Nachos Supreme
Be sure to check the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions.
- Prep. Preheat your oven. This is really important for even cooking so everything will melt nicely and be heated all the way through. Also line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Grated the cheese and open cans and drain if needed, dice topping.
- Cook the onions and beef. Cook the onions and ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain as much grease as possible. Add the garlic, taco seasoning and a little salt and cook the meat a little longer to toast the seasonings and flavor the meat. Stir in refried beans and a little bit of water to thin it out just a bit.
- Assembly. Start by spreading tortilla chips out on the sheet pan. Don’t use more than half the bag because you want 2 layers of chips. Spoon half of the beef mixture on top of the chips. You won’t be able to spread it, so just plop big spoonfuls all over. Sprinkle on half of the cheese, half of the olives and half of the pickled jalapenos. Layer on more chips, and the rest of the meat, cheese olives, and jalapenos.
- Bake. Pop the sheet pan nachos in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. You want the cheese to be completely melted and the chips to just barely start browning around the edges.
The most epic nachos call for some epic toppings. Here are some of our favorites:
- Restaurant Style Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced green onions
- Sour cream
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Black beans
- Shredded lettuce
- Grilled corn
If you want shredded cheese on your nachos, the best cheese is one that melts nicely, like sharp cheddar, white cheddar, Monterey jack, or Mozzarella. You can also top with Cotija cheese. A Queso Blanco sauce is great if you want your nachos to more resemble fast food nachos, like Taco Bell’s.
Basic nachos have chips and melted cheese. Level up by making this supreme version with layers of meat, veggies, sour cream, and guac!
Vegetarian: Grab some vegetarian refried beans and skip the ground beef. Ad any other toppings you like.
Spicy: If you want to really bring the heat, add some cayenne pepper to the meat mixture, add fresh jalapenos instead of pickled, or swap out the cheese for Pepper Jack.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Nachos are best served fresh. If you have some leftovers and want to save them, store in an airtight container for 1-2 days. Scrape off any sour cream or guacamole before reheating. Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- The recipe calls for 2 layers, but you can do a single layer or build it up with 3 or 4 layers.
- Bake on a sheet pan for easy sharing with a crowd, or halve the recipe and layer in a pie plate or cast iron skillet for a smaller serving.
- Instead of just topping with diced tomatoes, a big scoop of pico de gallo is delicious.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- 12 ounce bag of tortilla chips I prefer Tostitos Original
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces sliced olives drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos drained
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft; 5-6 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink; 5-6 minutes. Drain grease.
- Add garlic, taco seasoning and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 more minutes. Stir in refried beans and water.
- Arrange half of the tortilla chips on the sheet pan. Top with half of the beef mixture, half of the cheese, half of olives and half of the pickled jalapenos. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and pickled jalapenos. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.