- 12 ounces block feta cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more for serving
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Pour into a bowl and create a swirl on top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes and fresh cracked black pepper.
Serve with pita wedges or chips, bagel chips, or naan.
This recipe makes about 3 1/2 cups of dip. Plan to serve at least 1/4 cup of dip per person. So roughly 12-14 people for this recipe.
Storage - For safety, this dip should only be left out for a maximum of two hours. Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make Ahead - This dip is a great make ahead option! You can easily make it a few days in advance and store in the fridge. To serve, I like to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving so it is creamy and not firm. Also, save the garnished for right before serving.
Calories: 200kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 384mgPotassium: 61mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 257IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 170mgIron: 1mg
Keyword feta dip, whipped feta dip