- 1 pound Chorizo casings removed, if necessary
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 20 ounces Rotel tomatoes with green chiles 2 (10-ounce cans)
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cherry tomatoes chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh chives minced, for garnish (optional)
- Thick tortilla chips and Fritos scoops for dipping
In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and cook chorizo over medium-high heat until cooked through; about 5 minutes. Drain any excess grease and stir in onion powder.
Lower heat to medium, and stir in cream cheese and Rotel. Heat, stirring frequently, until cream cheese is melted.
Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar cheese until completely melted. If desired, pour into a serving dish, or serve from the skillet.
Pile diced cherry tomatoes in the center and sprinkle with minced chives. Serve with chips.
Storage: Cool dip completely, then transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
Reheating: If frozen, thaw completely before reheating. You can microwave the dip or reheat it in a saucepan on the stove.
Calories: 425kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 17gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 955mgPotassium: 227mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1188IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 180mgIron: 2mg
Keyword sausage dip, spicy sausage dip