- 1 pound ground pork sausage like breakfast sausage, not flavored
- 16 ounces Velveeta cubed
- 10 ounces Rotel (or diced tomatoes with chiles)
- Chives or parsley for garnish, optional
Crumble sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until fully cooked. Wipe out as much grease as possible from the pan.
Add the cubed Velveeta and the can of diced tomatoes with chiles. Stir until the cheese is fully melted.
Transfer to a serving bowl if desired, and serve with tortilla chips.
Garnish with chives, cilantro or parsley. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
- To make this in a slow cooker: After browning the sausage, add it along with the Velveeta and Rotel to a crockpot. Cook on Low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally until smooth and melted.
- After cooking the sausage, make sure to wipe out the excess grease so the dip isn’t overly greasy.
Calories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 20gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1263mgPotassium: 403mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 641IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 342mgIron: 1mg