- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter salted
- 7 tablespoons olive oil or 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 baguette sliced
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese or soft goat cheese used as a spread.
Combine the onion, butter, and ¼ cup of the olive oil in a pan. Cook the onions over medium heat until soft and caramelized.
Once the onions have caramelized, add the minced garlic, salt, and mushrooms. Continue cooking the mushrooms over medium heat until they are sauteed.
Once sauteed, set the mushroom mixture aside and brush olive oil over the baguette slices.
Bake the bread for five minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Top the bread with a spoonful of crumbled goat cheese (or spread with soft goat cheese) and mushrooms.
Serve and enjoy!
- You can store the mushroom mixture in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, give it a quick sauté in a non-stick pan until heated through.
- Crostini can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 353kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 9gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 748mgPotassium: 209mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 312IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 2mg