Hot Italian Sliders
Italian Sliders are fun, pull apart mini sandwiches for your next game-day or party. Layer Italian meats, cheeses, and peppers on bakery rolls, add a savory buttery topping, and bake for an easy crowd favorite.
For more baked slider recipes, try my Cheeseburger Sliders, Italian Meatball Sliders, and Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders.
Table of Contents
Why We Love Italian Sliders
- Pull-Aparts – Pull-apart sandwiches are extra fun, mini sandwiches that are loved by adults and kids alike!
- Customizable – You can easily switch up the deli meats and cheeses used.
- Perfectly Tangy – The sandwiches have a great tang to them thanks to the banana peppers.
Ingredients for Italian Sliders
You can find the ingredients to make these sandwiches at any typical grocery store. Here’s what you need:
- Bakery Rolls – Buy the kind that are sold in an attached sheet. Hawaiian Rolls or dinner rolls. I prefer regular dinner rolls for a more savory flavor.
- Cheese – Both sliced provolone and shredded mozzarella.
- Deli Meat – Thinly sliced deli ham, sliced deli pepperoni, and sliced salami.
- Mild Banana Peppers – You can find these sliced in a jar, where condiments are sold.
- Salted Butter – melted.
- Spices – Everything Bagel Seasoning and dried parsley.
- Italian Dressing – for serving.
How To Make Italian Sliders
Be sure to check the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions.
It takes only minutes to prep these sliders before a 15 minute bake in the oven. Super simple and fast!
- Prep – Start by preheating the oven and lining a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil. Spritz the foil with cooking spray so nothing sticks. You can also use a foil lined baking sheet.
- Slice Rolls – Slice the bakery rolls across so you have one solid top and one solid bottom. Slice slowly with a serrated knife so that you don’t accidentally cut the rolls apart.
- Assemble Sliders – Place the bottom piece of the rolls in the prepared pan and layer the cheeses, meats, and banana peppers, then add the top slab of the rolls.
- Brush with Butter Topping – In a small bowl mix together the melted butter and juice from the banana pepper jar. Brush the mixture over the top of the rolls before sprinkling with the seasonings.
- Bake – Bake the sliders in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until beginning to brown on top. Serve the sliders with Italian dressing for dipping.
You can use Hawaiian rolls instead of bakery rolls to make these. Hawaiian rolls are sweeter so they will taste a little different, but still delicious!
Yes, they can! Instead of baking them in the oven, you can also cook them on the grill. Place the assembled sandwiches on a baking sheet and place the sheet on a grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted.
They can be served warm right out of the oven or even at room temperature making them a perfect party or game day option! Serve alongside other favorite snacks and sides like potato salad, chips, or a side garden salad. I also love to pair them with Italian dressing for dipping.
- Different Meats – It’s easy to swap in different meats for this recipe to suit your preferences.
- More Peppers – In addition to banana peppers, chopped roasted red peppers (drained from the jar) are also a great addition.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Storage – Store the leftover sliders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Reheating – Wrap them in foil and reheat in the oven until warmed.
- Use a serrated bread knife to slice – When cutting the bakery rolls into two slabs, I find it easiest to use a serrated bread knife and slice through them slowly.
- Cover with foil if browning too quickly – If the tops of the rolls are getting too brown before the cheese is melted, you can loosely tent them with foil.
More Hot Appetizers to Try
- 12 bakery rolls attached
- 8 ounce provolone cheese sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 ounce deli ham thinly sliced
- 8 ounce deli pepperoni sliced
- 8 ounce salami sliced
- 1/2 cup mild banana peppers sliced and drained (reserve juice)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted 1 stick
- 1 teaspoon juice from jarred banana peppers
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Serve with ½ -1 cup Italian dressing optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish or pan with foil and cooking spray.
- Slice bakery rolls across making a one solid top and bottom. Set the top aside and place the bottom in the prepared pan.
- Place slices of provolone on bottom layer of buns, then top with mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Top cheese evenly with ham slices, then pepperoni, then salami, then banana peppers. Add roll top on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and juice from jarred banana peppers. Brush top of rolls with butter mixture, then evenly sprinkle seasonings on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until beginning to brown on top.
- Serve with Italian dressing for dipping.