- 15 ounce container whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4-6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs like parsley, chives, mint and basil, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Crostini or fresh bread for serving
Place ricotta into a medium sized bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
Scrape down the sides, then stir in the olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Finally, stir in the fresh herbs.
Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh herbs and fresh cracked black pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. If making ahead, do not add the herbs until just before serving. Serve with toasted bread or crostini, or fresh baguette slices.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. If the dip appears watery, just give it a stir and you're good to go.
Calories: 131kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 6gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 46mgPotassium: 74mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 406IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 115mgIron: 1mg