- 2 large sweet potatoes 1 ½ pounds
- 1 garlic clove peeled and roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey or more to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives plus some for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
Rinse and scrub the sweet potatoes, then prick several times with a fork. Place on the baking sheet and into the oven to cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. A knife should easily pierce through the potato once it’s cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
Slice the potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. You should get about 1 ½ to 2 cups. Place the sweet potato into a food processor and add the garlic clove, Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Process until fully combined, scraping down the sides periodically to make sure everything is fully incorporated.
Transfer sweet potato mixture to a serving bowl and fold in most of the chives. Garnish with fresh chopped chives and black pepper.
Serve chilled or at room temperature, with pita chips, multigrain crackers or chips.
Calories: 70kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 2gFat: 0.3gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 231mgPotassium: 200mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 8124IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 0.5mg