- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups sliced cucumber Persian or English varieties
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped (chiffonade)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add vinegar, oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
To the bowl, add the watermelon, cucumber, onion, mint and basil, then crumble the feta cheese and add it to the salad. Toss gently to combine and coat the salad with the dressing.
Taste and adjust seasonings, vinegar and oil. Feel free to add more as you wish.
Garnish with crumbled feta, mint and basil.
- This recipe will make about 4 cups of salad. You can very easily make more of less with a quick adjustment of the ingredients. as an appetizer, plan on about half a cup per person.
- Once dressed, watermelon doesn’t have a long shelf life. I recommend eating this salad within a few hours for the best results.
- Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 4gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 219mgPotassium: 249mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 965IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 1mg