- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 3 Roma Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, finely diced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lime zested and juiced (2 tablespoons juice)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients, mixing so they are well combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until fully combined. Pour over salad and stir to coat well.
Serve with tortilla chips for scooping.
- Since there is no dairy and the dressing is quite acidic, it can sit at room temperature for several hours without fear of food poisoning. This makes it great for picnics, potlucks, and packed lunches!
- Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Note that if possible, it is best to keep avocado out of the mix until you are ready to serve as it has a tendency to oxidize after exposure to air.
Calories: 388kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 7gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 342mgPotassium: 537mgFiber: 9gSugar: 39gVitamin A: 311IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 2mg
Keyword cowboy caviar, redneck caviar, texas caviar